Ballito Self catering 1 Marichel
Where do you want to go?
87 Ocean Drive, Ballito,
KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Request a Quote
Please enter the details of your enquiry:
Number of rooms:
Adults 12+ years:
Children 2-11 years:
Toddlers 0-2 years:
No Booking Fees!
Information and Pictures
Directions and Policies
Type: Self catering
Minimum Stay: 1 Night(s)
- Self catering
Ballito Self catering, 1 Marichel sleeps eight people comfortably with three of the bedrooms air-conditioned. There are ceiling fans throughout the apartment. One King size bed in the main bedroom, with a full bathroom. The main bedroom opens onto the large verandah.
The other three bedrooms have two single beds each with own bathrooms - either with bath or shower. All linen is of top quality percale, and bath and beach towels are provided. The apartment is serviced daily, except Sundays and public holidays. If services are required on those days, it can be arranged. A camp cot is provided if required.
The fully equipped kitchen with granite tops, oven, hob, microwave, separate fridge and freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble drier. There are other electrical appliances for your use.
The kitchen is open plan, leading to the dining area, main lounge with built-in bar area with bar fridge. There is a HDMI TV, PVR DStv and an amp for iPods, computers for all your music needs. This opens out onto a large verandah with dining table and chairs, comfortable lounge suite. On the large grass area, there are four loungers with comfortable cushions, a large wooden table / bench and umbrella where you can relax, taking in the beautiful view of the beach and sea. The apartment supplies a Weber braai and a large gas braai.
The comfortable second lounge – TV lounge has a HDMI TV, with PVR DStv, and a DVD player with surround sound.
The double lock-up garage is on level access to the apartment which makes it very wheelchair friendly. Undercover parking is also available next to the double lock-up garage with washing lines. In the garage, there are beach chairs, beach umbrella and buckets and spades for the families use on the beach. There is direct access to the beach through a secured gate.
Activities and Attractions
There is a secured communal swimming pool in the complex. Thompson’s Bay boasts an incredible stretch of pristine beach, with rock pool and a lovely bathing area, with shark nets and life guards. It also offers a huge man-made tidal pool.
The ‘Hole In The Wall’ allow you access to other more exciting beaches. This is a very popular fishing spot, where you can fish off ‘The High Rocks’ or tackle some shore fishing. It's also a very popular area for mussel picking.
The international King Shaka Airport is approximately 20km away. Durban is the closest city at about 60kim away. Ballito is a popular site for surfing, spear fishing, kite boarding, wind surfing, canoeing or you can try those activities at other beaches along the Dolphin Coast.
• Marine Excursions - dolphin and whale watching, deep sea fishing
• Cycling and mountain biking at Holla Trails
• View the Dolphin Coast beaches from up in the air - micro light flips
• Quad Biking Trails with Fat Traxx
• Flagstaff Animal Farm - feeding of some animals, milking demos, etc
• Ndlondlo Reptile Park and Crocodile Creek
• Some of the best golf courses - Zimabli, Umhlali Country Club and Princes Grant
• Sports Club - tennis, squash, bowls
• Shopping Centres in Ballito or 20 minutes drive away - the popular Gateway Shopping Centre with movie theatres, Wave House, tenpin bowling, go-carting and games arcade
• uShaka Marine World in Durban is about 45 minutes away
• Sibaya Casino and Entertainment Kingdom is 20 minutes away
• Health and Wellness Centres and local gyms right on your doorstep
• Enjoy a day out at the popular Rain Farm
• Visit the Morewood Memorial Garden on the site of the first sugar mill in South Africa
• Visit the local heritage sites exploring the King Shaka Heritage Route
• Visit the King Shaka Memorial Site in KwaDukuza / Stanger at the Dukuza Museum and The Grave of Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Chief Albert Luthuli in Groutville
• See the history of our three cultures, Indian, Zulu and Colonial at ‘The Kingdom’ - Sheffield
• Mosques and temples in Chakas Kraal and Stanger welcome visitors
• Many restaurants, coffee shops, tea gardens and night clubs to choose from
• The Litchi Orchard Market
• Visit the world famous St. Lucia Wetlands - about two hours drive
• Explore the African Safari boasting the Big 5 in their natural habitat at the popular Umfolozi and Hluhluwe National Park, which is also about two hours drive - tours can be booked with some of our tour guides in the area.
can accommodate up to
All rates are quoted in South Africa Rand
Self Catering Unit
• An upmarket 4-bedroom, 4-bathroom apartment
• Three of the bedrooms are air-conditioned, there are fans throughout the unit
• The main bedroom has a king-size bed with a full en suite bathroom
• The unit is fully equipped for all your needs in self-catering and entertainment comforts
• One HDMI, PVR, DSTV, in the TV lounge and one in the bar area, which also has connections for IPods/Computers for music etc
No Booking Fees!
*Actual room rates may vary
If you are unfamiliar with Ballito and its surroundings we suggest you print out this map with directions to assist you in finding your way to 1 Marichel.
From King Shaka International Airport, Durban
Take the 1st left toward Mdloti St
Turn left onto Mdloti St
Continue onto M65
Keep left at the fork and merge onto N2
Take exit 212 toward Umhlali Beach/Shakas Rock Road
Turn right toward Main Rd
Continue straight onto Main Rd
Turn right onto Ocean Dr
Destination will be on the left
Check In: 02:00pm
Check Out: 10:00am
Accepted Payment Methods:
- Bank Transfers Accepted
- Self catering
Latitude S 29° 31’ 20.5680"
Longitude E 31° 13’ 36.4080"
©2013 Ubuntu Stay
Terms and Conditions
Your request has
been sent directly
Your enquiry reference number
has been emailed to you
You will be advised via email on availability for your requested dates
You can then confirm your booking Securely online
Payments can be done by Credit card or by Bank transfer
Melissa at UbuntuStay is available to assist you.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact number - 021 554-4809
"When you book your stay you have all the contact details"
"Ease of mind, all was securely done online"
"Confirming my booking was friendly and easy, with no extra costs"